Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New computer!!

Just got my new iMac desktop yesterday; so far I'm happy as a clam. I've had a few naysayers try to dissuade me from buying one, and right off the bat I'm glad I didn't listen: the monitor has amazing clarity/resolution, wireless keyboard/mouse, no bulky hard drive. I just wanted something simple and efficient.
Lack of posts here means, like all of you I'm sure, that I've been a busy bee. It's been 6 weeks sans alcohol, and the effects on my life are pretty great: I've been sleeping much better, stress levels are way down, I've been riding my bike to work every day. There was a time a few months ago where I was cabbing to and from work, to the tune of approx. $22/day. Yikes!
People have also noticed, and this is pretty much across the board, how much my attitude has improved. I'm WAY calmer, more centered. The sweating has nearly evaporated. My life still seems amazingly overwhelming: just trying to clean/organize my apt is a seemingly endless Herculean task, and hopefully not Sisyphean!
My goal for the next month is to go through and eliminate most/organize the rest of the 10 years' worth of paperwork/effluvia and hoarded detritus I've amassed. Now I'm off to Benders for my longest of workdays. Addendum: My happiness has also been greatly bolstered by the love and support of one of the most amazing women I've ever met. "Motivator, please!"

No comments:

Post a Comment